BAYADA Hearts for Home Care Privacy Statement
Last Updated: August 25, 2023
BAYADA Hearts for Home Care, Inc. (“H4HC” or “we”) is a collaborative group of caregivers, in-home care clients of BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. (“BAYADA Home Health Care”) and members of the public who support the mission of increasing equitable access to home health care by millions of medically fragile Americans. This Privacy Statement describes what personal information we collect and how we use it, including information that is collected and used by our service providers on our behalf. We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time and without further notice to you, so please review it periodically to understand our current practices.
“Personal information” is any information that identifies or reasonably could be linked to a particular person or household. It includes things like email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, payment card information, account numbers, and government-issued identification numbers. These are just examples, and there are many other types of information that would be considered personal information.
H4HC is Not a HIPAA Covered Entity
IF YOU SUBMIT INFORMATION TO US THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE, H4HC MAY RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION. BY SENDING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, YOU ARE PERMITTING US TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OUR STAFF AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES AS DESCRIBED IN MORE DETAIL BELOW. TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU HAVE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU DO NOT WANT SHARED WITH OTHERS, WE ASK THAT YOU NOT SHARE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH US.
H4HC IS NOT REGULATED BY THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY RULES PROMULGATED UNDER THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 1996 (“HIPAA”) WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BECAUSE H4HC IS NOT A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER OR HEALTH PLAN AND DOES NOT COLLECT INDIVIDUALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON BEHALF OF HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS OR HEALTH PLANS THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. INSTEAD, WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AS A GENERAL USER OF THE WEBSITE OR MEMBER OF H4HC, AND NOT AS A PATIENT SEEKING AND/OR RECEIVING MEDICAL CARE FROM A HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.
- Personal Information We Collect
- Information You Provide
We collect personal information from you when you provide it to us. This may happen in a number of ways.
Membership. If you elect to become a member of H4HC, we will collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, and any other information you provide to us in connection with your membership.
Advocacy Work. If you engage with us concerning our advocacy work – whether online, on the phone, or in person – we will collect information you may provide. For example, if you sign up to attend one of our community events or advocacy training sessions, we will collect your registration information. If you contact us about participating in one of our grassroots initiatives, we will collect your contact information and any other information you may provide.
Newsletters and Alerts. If you sign up to receive one of our communications, such as a newsletter or issues alerts, we will collect your name, address, and email address and any other information you provide.
Donations. If you donate to support our efforts, we will collect your name, address, and, depending on how the donation is made, information on your check or your payment card information. For donations of noncash property, we will collect your name, address, and information about the property being donated.
Contact Us. If you contact us, we will collect any information you provide to us in connection with your inquiry.
- Automatic Collection of Information
Like most websites, H4HC’s website uses certain technologies – cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, tracking pixels, and similar technologies (collectively, “tracking technologies”) – to enable our website to function and to collect information when you interact with our website and email communications. These types of technologies are used to remember user preferences, maintain the security of our website, measure website analytics, evaluate the effectiveness of our communications, and gain information for promotional and advocacy purposes.
You may delete cookies placed on your device and block new cookies from being placed by using your internet browser’s privacy and security settings. Certain aspects of our website may not function properly if all cookies are blocked.
“Do Not Track” is a privacy setting that you may set in your web browser. If turned on, this setting requests that websites not track information about users. At this time, H4HC’s website does not respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings or signals.
- Information from Affiliates and Third Parties
Affiliates. We may receive information about you from our BAYADA affiliates if you express interest in our advocacy work. For employees of a BAYADA entity who voluntarily elect to become members of H4HC, we will obtain your address, email address, and telephone number from your employer so that we can register your membership.
Social Media. We may receive certain information about you from social media platforms. If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) in connection with our website, we collect information that you share with us or that the social media platforms share with us. For more information about the privacy practices of those social media platforms, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use.
Third-Party Tracking Technologies. We also permit third parties to use tracking technologies on our website to help us evaluate website and behavioral analytics. Some of these third parties use their technology to provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests which may appear either on our websites or on other websites. For more information regarding interest-based advertising and how to opt out, please visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or https://optout.aboutads.info/. You may also delete cookies placed on your device and block new cookies (including third-party cookies) from being placed by using your internet browser’s privacy and security settings.
- Use of Personal Information
H4HC uses your personal information to further its advocacy efforts, which may include:
- Sending you communications via mail, email or text;
- Responding to your inquiries or providing you with information you requested;
- Providing advocacy training;
- Organizing community events or grassroots campaigns;
- Conducting surveys or other information gathering efforts;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of our website and communications;
- Soliciting and processing donations; and
- Operating our website, including personalizing your experience on it, and preventing and detecting fraud or other security incidents.
We also use your personal information as needed to comply with our legal, regulatory, accounting, and tax-related obligations. We may use personal information to the extent necessary to exercise our legal rights, establish any defenses to a legal claim or dispute, or protect H4HC, its employees and members, or any third party from harm.
- Text Message and Data
Data Obtained from Text Messaging. Data obtained from you in connection with text messaging may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the information you request from us, and to otherwise operate, develop and improve our operations. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data from your text usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies. We will only use the information you provide as otherwise described in this document. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. Your wireless carrier’s standard messaging rates apply to your receipt and transmission of text messages. Downloadable content may incur additional charges from your wireless carrier. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging and data plan. Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside of our control. All charges are billed by and payable to your wireless carrier.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
H4HC discloses personal information in certain circumstances, as described below:
- Service Providers. H4HC uses other companies to perform certain services for it or on its behalf. These services providers may collect or receive your personal information so they can provide these services, which include: processing debit or credit card payments; providing marketing services (such as developing campaigns or sending emails or texts); hosting or maintaining our website, servers, databases, and/or software platforms; providing website analytics; conducting surveys and analyzing responses; providing legal, accounting, consulting or lobbying services.
- Affiliates. We share information with certain affiliates that provide services to H4HC or on our behalf.
- Advocacy Efforts. We may share personal information in connection with our advocacy efforts. For example, if you sign a petition supporting one of our initiatives, your name and contact information will be disclosed to the recipient(s) of the petition.
- Legal Compliance and Protection. H4HC may disclose personal information in response to court orders, discovery requests, subpoenas, warrants, government investigations, or to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations. We may also disclose personal information to: establish, exercise, or protect our rights; pursue or defend against a legal claim; protect the safety and security of our members and website visitors; detect and protect against fraud; and take action regarding possible illegal activities.
- Other Circumstances with Your Consent. There may be other circumstances in which we disclose your personal information with your consent.
- Children’s Privacy
Our website is not directed to or intended for children. H4HC does not knowingly collect, receive, disclose, or share information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our records. If you believe we have received any information from a child under age 13, please let us know by contacting us using one of the ways provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Your Privacy Choices
- Correcting Inaccurate Information. You may correct inaccurate or outdated personal information associated with your H4HC membership or subscriptions to our communications by contacting us using one of the ways provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Email Opt-Out. If you do not want to receive informational emails from H4HC, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the end of one of our emails. Please note that this will not opt you out of receiving transactional emails from us, such as donation receipts or confirmation of registration for an event.
- Text Opt-Out. You can opt-out of receiving text messages from H4HC at any time by replying to a text with the word STOP.
- Third Party Sites
Our website, communications, and social media posts may contain links to sites operated by third parties. A link to a third party site is not an endorsement of that third party or any goods or services it may provide. Please note that when you visit other websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices and policies of the other site, which may be different from H4HC’s practices. Please review the privacy notices for other sites you visit. H4HC is not responsible for the content, security, or practices of other websites.
- Applicable Law
We recognize that our website may be accessed from anywhere in the world, and that the laws of the jurisdictions in which some visitors are located may differ substantially from those of the United States. H4HC and its advocacy operations are in the United States and are not directed to other countries; therefore, H4HC does not undertake to comply with the laws of other countries or geographic areas outside the United States.
- Contact Us
If you need to contact us concerning your personal information, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 267.592.4855.